Summary and Suggestions

Summary and Suggestions

Purposes of practicum
     The main purposes of practicum were to practice our teaching and try to use English language in every circumstance.

     In this practicum, I had to teach on the topic "Angle" So the main topic that I needed to accomplished was to help students understand Angles, Understanding angles, Measuring Angles and Drawing Angles to 180 degrees.
Procedures of practicum
     After I got the topic for teaching, I found the textbook and workbook to specified what should be taught and started to write my lesson plan. The form of lesson plan came from SIS Palembang, that was easier in Lesson plan of Thailand. As a result, There were none of any problems happened, but in SIS, the lesson plan must be submitted weekly. So the lesson plan for my teaching must to be completed in once.
     After that, I needed to prepare material for my teaching, such as Angle's cards, A big protractor, A big ruler and Picture of the angles. Somethings I prepared by myself and something I prepared from Geometry Sketch's Pad on computer then printed out them. 
Outcomes of practicum
     The outcomes could be seen in the end of every class since I always let them work on worksheets. I could see whoever could do their work or not.
     Moreover, as I told from the last topic, I had an activity for them to drawing the angles on worksheet. Who can draw the fastest and who can do worksheet correct all, I would get something to them. It's Origami by I folded by myself from 12 papers
    
     Finally, I got Origami to all students but different from winner because all students gave Origami by using 6 papers.
The challenges of practicum
     The challenge of practicum was definitely teaching students in Mathematics by using English for communication.
     In Thailand, I ever prepared Math Camps and many activity with many students but never use English for communication. So in SIS Palembang, it was the first time to teach for the real students and handle real problems. It was so hard and so excited for me.
Overall impression
     I had many impressions for SIS Palembang since first time, it was hard to conclude in writing. The school is habitable, Teachers are very kindly, friendly, and helpful. The students are so lovely. I love everyone and everything in there
Suggestions for future improvement
     For my opinion, what they are being is good for me but if you are asking for the future improvement or any suggestions, I want more time for practicing teaching because I will improve myself and bring knowledge from Thailand to use in there for example folding Origami,  using abacus and Gaming for Mathematics because my buddy and my students was interesting in them.

 Moreover they was interesting in Thai language, Thai culture, Thai lifestyle, Thai dancing and Thai boxing. 

ความคิดเห็น

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

Teaching Practice

Pedagogical Content

Observation on Teacher